Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My First Review: TRUE GRIT

Running Time: 110

True Grit's name is an absolutely perfect description of this Coen Brothers masterpiece. While I watched this film I legitimately felt as if I was hunting Tom Chaney(Josh Brolin) myself. A side note is that Jeff Bridges shines as "Rooster" Coghburn and can compete with John Wayne any day of the week. Also the young Hailee Steinfeld quick witted character of Mattie Ross and her delivery of such role allowed her to shine. The only minor flaw is that sometimes the pacing is a little slow. That and the fact some will think the ending might be slightly cheesy. Overall This is one of the best films to have come out in the last decade. I urge anyone who enjoys film to see this movie and the casual movie buff will enjoy it as well.

Rating: 4.5/5
True Grit Poster


No comments:

Post a Comment